Last updated: December 31, 2019
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information We Collect Directly From You
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you use our websites; provide product reviews; shop in our stores; call us on the phone; create an online account; sign up to receive our emails; participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion or survey; communicate with us via third-party social media sites; request customer support; apply for and/or participate in our loyalty program; apply for a job; or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, zip or postal code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information, product preferences, demographic information and any other information you choose to provide. In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically, create and share a "wishlist" or decide to purchase and ship products to someone. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send marketing communications to your contacts unless they separately opt in to receive communications from us.
Information About Your Use Of Our Services
We collect information about your use of our Services, such as the products you purchase or express interest in.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our Services, including:
- Log Information: We collect information about your use of our websites, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our websites.
- Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access our online Services, including the hardware model and operating system and version.
- Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
Information We Collect From Our Partners and Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we collect information from the local postal services’ national change of address databases to verify and update mailing addresses.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, including to facilitate and improve your in-store and online shopping experiences;
- Deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you
- Manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect our and others’ rights and properties;
- Carry out any other purpose readily apparent to you or described to you at the time the information is collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share information about you as follows:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- By publicly posting, at our discretion, your product review or other user content if you provide one; and
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired.
We do not, in providing the Services, knowingly collect personal information from children. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal data to us via the Services, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Managing or Deleting Your online Meribel account
You may update, correct or delete your online account information at any time by logging into your account and navigating to the “My Account” page or by contacting us as indicated in the Contact Us section. You can also contact us if you wish to deactivate your online account. Note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Opting Out of Promotional Communications
You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time by doing the following:
- To opt out of direct mail (such as catalogs and postcards): Log into your online account and adjust your settings under the "Catalog Preferences" page or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To opt out of promotional emails and text messages: Follow the instructions provided in those communications or contact us at email@example.com
Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain additional rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act or "CCPA" (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq) and the "Shine the Light" Law (California Civil Code section 1798.83).
California Consumer Privacy Act
Additional Disclosures Related to the Collection, Use, Disclosure and Sale of Personal Information
Collection and Use of Personal Information: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, professional or employment-related information, audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, inferences drawn about you, and other categories of personal information that relate to, describe or are reasonably capable of being associated with you.
For examples of the precise data points we collect and the sources from which we collect this personal information, please see "Collection of Information" above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in "Use of Information" above.
Disclosure of Personal Information: We may share your personal information with third parties as described in the "Sharing of Information" section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes: identifiers, characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, audio, electronic, visual, or similar information, professional or employment-related information, inferences drawn about you, and other categories of personal information that relate to, describe or are reasonably capable of being associated with you.
Sale of Personal Information: California law requires that we provide transparency about personal information we "sell" which for the purposes of the CCPA broadly means scenarios in which we have shared personal information with partners in exchange for valuable consideration. In the preceding 12 months, we have "sold" the following categories of personal information: identifiers. In addition, we share identifiers such as cookies and the advertising identifier associated with your mobile device with our advertising partners, and those partners use and share those identifiers to show ads that are targeted to your interests.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request (1) more information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected, sold and disclosed for a business purpose in the last 12 months, (2) deletion of your personal information, and (3) that we stop selling your personal information.
You may make these requests by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we receive your request, we will verify it by asking you to provide certain information, such as information regarding a recent purchase. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law. If you would like to use an authorized agent registered with the California Secretary of State to exercise your rights, we may request evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests on your behalf.
We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
Shine the Light
California law permits residents of California to request notice of how their personal information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the contact address in the "Contact Us" section